All families are destined to grow. And when the time comes that everyone must fit under one roof, it’s best to feel comfortable, not cramped. That’s when our clients looked to Meadowlark to assist them with upgrading their home by building a new one: right next door. The neighboring vacant lot that often hosted many lawn games and activities in the past became the new site for our clients’ gorgeous custom home — and its big enough to accommodate both family and friends.
Our clients needed extra space in the rooms that counted. And even when there wasn’t enough space to make a room big enough, they simply “doubled” it. This roughly 4,800 sq. ft. home has two kitchens: one on the main floor and one on the lower level, to properly serve the nearby living spaces. In conjunction with these bustling areas, however, no attention to detail was spared.
On the lower level, a crafting room was added that doubles as the fifth bedroom; on the third floor, a uniquely fitted office space sits peacefully. Not to mention other traditional rooms — like the grand living and dining rooms — that all sit adjacent to a magnificent three-seasons porch. The overall vision for this project was to ultimately find that every corner offered something new and familiar, even if our clients’ moved a few steps away.
Design & Architecture: Melanie Grabarkiewicz
Project Manager: Tony Roperti & Doug Selby
- Cambria Quartz kitchen countertops
- Fireplace upgrades with textured limestone tiling
- Custom Meadowlark cabinetry throughout home
- Benjamin Moore paint featured in all areas of home
- Crafts room built with Meadowlark custom cabinetry
- Permanent grille added to screened-in, main floor porch
- State of the art appliances in both kitchens
- Superior walls + ICF construction with brick overlay for most of home’s build
- Marvin Ultimate Series doors for porch and lower level entry(s)
- Energy efficient upgrades and room for improvement for future solar power additions
- Cork flooring throughout lower level, hardwood Oak stained flooring throughout (where not carpeted)
- Windsor windows, Windsor egress windows in lower level
- Boral Truexterior Trim on outside of home
- Two level porch and patio in rear of house with 4″ inch foam insulate for colder months
One giant dream became reality when our clients decided that they were ready for a new chapter — and that they didn’t have to travel far. With plans to host gatherings, settle in for a cozy night on the deck, or find solitude in their own home, our clients hit the jackpot. This project is the true definition of ‘home is where the heart is’.