Loving their location, but not the tight spaces and curb appeal of their home, our clients felt it was time to update their builder-grade manufactured house and transform their existing space into a functional, energy efficient home.
The existing, manufactured home was intentionally placed sideways on the lot, with the original entrance on the south side. To accommodate the lot and the driveway access, it was turned 90 degrees when it was built and thus what normally would be the side view of the home, was now the front. Needless to say, there was not a lot that was done to camouflage the “manufactured” look of this home, and much of the existing finishes were long overdue for replacement.
The client’s vision included a unique front porch overhang that added exceptional curb appeal; an expansion of the kitchen and core of the home to accommodate their family’s needs (and the benefit of hosting gatherings); as well as an added screened in porch that brought the whole project together.
Design & Architecture: Melissa Kennedy
Project Manager: Jay Johnson
- Leather and honed granite countertops in kitchen
- Holiday cabinetry for island and cupboard perimeter (white matte & walnut)
- 2.25″ red oak hardwood flooring throughout with clear finish
- White gloss subway tile for range backsplash
- Brizo stainless steel appliances
- Simpson contemporary thermal doors
- SIP Roof Panels
- Hardie Plank smooth lap siding for exterior; Aged Pewter color
- Wester Red Cedar siding with clear coat finish for main entry
- Windsor window upgrades throughout
- Spray foam added, additional openings sealed in attic
- HVAC system upgrades
Working with designers from Meadowlark Design+Build, it was determined that only a small 177 sq. ft. addition was needed to enhance kitchen utility — all the while providing a visually connected but separate screen porch — reminiscent of one from the owner’s childhood. The open and inviting interior reconfiguration now aligns with how the family lives and entertains, as the striking exterior transformation removes all traces of the classic manufactured aesthetic to make this home a truly magnificent “before & after” story.