Our clients approached Meadowlark with the intention of having us craft for them a new home; one that would be downsized from their current residence, uniquely located for a wonderful community connection (Walkscore of 81 for biking!), and allowing them to live closer to their growing family.
Starting at the grass-roots level, our design+build team at Meadowlark joined forces to turn a series of already-developed design sketches into a functional, well-detailed, and truly beautiful home. Sharing an exemplary focus and passion on pushing the boundaries of what it means for a project to be green, our clients and Meadowlark hit the ground running.
On site stood a dilapidated ’70s style home that left the homeowners no choice but to tear it to the ground. In its condition, there were little options for salvaging the property through any remodeling efforts. Nevertheless, our clients were determined to bring to life the perfect home for the perfect location.
At a finished 4,600 sq. ft., this custom home brought our clients’ dream to life. With four bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms, the homeowners now have more than enough space to accommodate their family and guests. Each room tells a different story and highlights a unique element to give each space an identity. From two living spaces, a large kitchen and more, this home exceeded all expectations.
- Polished porcelain by Virginia tiling in bathrooms
- Harris-style cork flooring by Merkel One
- Snowy River Quartz bathroom countertops by Dwyer
- Acoustic Control System for noise reduction in master suite
- Refurbished wood paneling throughout home
- Benjamin Moore paint selections
- Pacsutto marble and granite counters and splashes in master bath
- Cedar shake shingle roofing with weather resistance
- EIFS StoTherm walls
- Spray foam insulation throughout
- Weather-resistant barrier system
- Stucco finishes on exterior windows
- Reinforced concrete foundation
- Bessemer gray brick, Old Carolina Brick Co.
With the look and feel of a mid-century tudor, this home gives a nod to the past while setting precedents for the future. Our clients reached their goal of building their dream home, living closer to family, and going green for all of the right reasons. This beautiful home stands tall and reminds us that new beginnings are always possible.